Angie completed her Honors Bachelor of Science Degree (Pre-med) in 1995 and a 3 year Master Herbalist program in 2003. She has worked professionally in the field of holistic health since 2000 and as a doula since 2002. Her services include birth support, placenta encapsulation, and education for parents-to-be and birth professionals (new and experienced). Angie co-teaches the popular Prenatal Wisdom series of prenatal classes, and created Childbirth Prep for Men, a one evening session just for dads-to-be. Other classes include Healthy Babies Naturally, Holistic First Aid for Home & Travel, and Fertility Awareness Method.
In 2011 Angie left the beautiful rocky Mountains and moved to the Prairies, where she teamed up with Karen Herriot. Angie and Karen train new doulas and experienced birth professionals through Birth Ways International, in workshops for birth and postpartum doulas, advanced doula training, placenta encapsulation and childbirth education. They are invited to do regular sessions at the Regina General Hospital to teach birth support to nursing students doing their first obstetrical practicums, and offer a Birth Support for Labour & Birth Nurses workshop for experienced nurses.
In 2012 Angie’s article Neonatal Resuscitation with Intact Umbilical Cord was published in Midwifery Today. Currently Angie is an upper year student working toward a Bachelors Degree in Midwifery and enjoying life in the prairies with her family.
Degrees & Certifications
- • BScH – Honors Bachelor of Science, Premed; Queen’s University
- • MH – Master Herbalist; Wild Rose College of Natural Healing (Thesis: Prenatal Health & Nutrition)
- • Professional Doula; DONA trained; Birth Ways Certified
- • Doula Trainer; independently, previously taught CAPPA program; Birth Ways Certified
- • OSHA Certified Placenta Encapsulator
- • Neonatal Resuscitation for Midwives
- • RNPA – Registered Nutritional Products Advisor; Alive Academy
- • Certified Aromatherapist; Blaine Andrusek Phytotherapeutics Educational Systems
- • Other modalities related to holistic health include iridology and Reiki