Business Smarts for the Smart Doula
Learn the Business with Birth Ways International
Do you squirm at the thought of charging adequately for your services?
Doulas are passionate about their work, but many struggle with the business/financial aspects. This contributes to a high burn-out rate.
You deserve to take care of your clients while also making a living at a long term career.
Learn the basics of running a business that includes both your head and your heart.
You Will Learn
- Getting paid for your work - set your fees (how much?), client agreements, options for collecting money, trading for services.
- Creating your "offer" - what's included, for what will you charge extra, how to make it attractive to clients.
- How to attract your ideal client.
- “Wow” potential clients at an intro meeting and increase your “yes rate”.
- Benefits of working in partnership / shared care.
- Sustaining a solo practice.
- Working with back-up - setting expectations, working out payments, what to tell your client so they feel good about back-ups.
- Keep more of your money! Allowable tax expenses and a some tips for organizing your books.
- Travel expenses - how to track, considerations for how and when to charge your client.
- Navigating (or not) the bureaucracy of biz license, insurance, professional associations.
- Ideas to introduce doula support to a community who just doesn't get it (hospital that's new to doulas, a location that has never had a doula, or a group of folks who would benefit but aren't aware yet).
- Some amazing apps to help you stay organized and get stuff done!
- Resources for excellent places to go for help with web-sites, marketing, content management.
Everyone who registers for this class will receive handouts and a recording. If you get called to a birth or life happens, you will still get the class!
This class is offered by Zoom Video Conferencing. Links and instructions will be sent when you register.
Monday April 15th, 2019; 8pm-10pm CST.
Cancellation Policy for the Business Class:
For a Zoom / webinar session, there are no refunds. You will recieve the class document(s) and recording to replay the class whether you attend the live-webinar or not.
For in-person classes, cancellations have the following options:
1) A credit for the class fee which can be applied to another BWI class; valid for 1 year from the original class date.
2) Send someone else in your place for this class at no charge (please notify us of their name(s)).
3) A refund less a $10 administrative fee.
Please note: We do not offer a refund or credit for people who chose to not attend without notice.
I just wanted to thank you for tonight. You are a wealth of knowledge and I really appreciate you sharing your wisdom with us! It's great to learn your well practiced 'tricks of the trade'!K.D., Ottawa, ON
Thank you so much for all your knowledge/wisdom on 'DOULA BUSINESS'... Appreciate you sharing with us. The room was full of buzzing, positive, and enthusiastic energy!K. P., Regina, SK