Business Set-up for the Smart Doula
Learn the Business with Birth Ways International
Squirm at the thought of charging adequately for your services? Unsure of how to attract clients, keep track of expenses, or sustain your practice? Then Birth Ways International Doula Training's Business Set-up for the Smart Doula workshop is for you!
Doulas are passionate about their work, but many struggle with the business/financial aspects. This contributes to a high burn-out rate. You deserve to take care of your clients while also making a living in a long term career.
Learn the basics of running a business that includes both your head and your heart.
Dates for the next Business Set-up for the Smart Doula live-but-online class will be announced soon
Purchase the Video Replay of Business Set-up for the Smart Doula here
Business Set-up for the Smart Doula is available on-demand as a video replay. You'll receive the class video replay and Birth Ways International resource document via e-mail within 36 hours of purchase. You can do the class from your computer anytime; it does not expire.
And everyone who signs up for the live-streamed class also gets the video replay. If you get called to a birth or life happens, you will still receive all of the information
You Will Learn:
- Getting paid for your work - set your fees (how much?), client agreements, options for collecting money, and trading for services.
- Creating your "offer" - what's included, for what will you charge extra, and how to make it attractive to clients.
- How to attract your ideal client.
- “Wow” potential clients at an intro meeting and increase your “yes rate”.
- Benefits of working in partnership / shared care.
- Sustaining a solo practice.
- Working with back-up - setting expectations, working out payments, what to tell your client so they feel good about back-ups.
- Keep more of your money! Allowable tax expenses and tips for organizing your books.
- Travel expenses - how to track, considerations for how and when to charge your client.
- Navigating (or not) the bureaucracy of business license, insurance, professional associations.
- Ideas to introduce doula support to a community who just doesn't get it (e.g.: hospital that's new to doulas, a location that has never had a doula, or a group of folks who would benefit but aren't aware yet).
- Some amazing apps to help you stay organized and get stuff done!
- Resources for excellent places to go for help with web-sites, marketing, content management.
Additional Continuing Education / Professional Development with Birth Ways International:
We are here to help you grow as a doula.
All scheduled classes - taught live over Zoom - can be found on the BWI Training Doulas Acuity page
See the full list of Birth Ways International class replays and please contact your trainer if any questions come up.
I just wanted to thank you for tonight. You are a wealth of knowledge and I really appreciate you sharing your wisdom with us! It's great to learn your well practiced 'tricks of the trade'!K.D., Ottawa, ON
Thank you so much for all your knowledge/wisdom on 'DOULA BUSINESS'... Appreciate you sharing with us. The room was full of buzzing, positive, and enthusiastic energy!K. P., Regina, SK