Join us to learn how to set up, maintain, and tear-down a birth-pool. A woman loses her support person for an hour to set up and then another hour to tear down the pool, unless someone else is willing and able to do it.
Having pool-skills can make a doula more attractive to those planning water-births and to senior doulas who sometimes look for a "pool-keeper" to bring along. Here's a great way to get invited to births!!
This class is for birth professionals but is also suitable for partners and other support people.
- Tips for where to set-up the pool
- How to set it up in a safe and hygienic manner
- How to maintain the pool
- How to help a labouring woman into and out of the pool
- Tips for supporting a woman in the pool
- How to tear down the pool in a safe and hygienic manner
- Supplies needed for water-birth and ways to prep for a home water birth
This class is offered via online video conference. You can ask questions and will receive documents and a recording.
$20 per person.
60-90 minutes, depending on number of questions.